Why in America they Celebrate Halloween the Best Ever?

The Americans know how to celebrate halloween just awesome, the preparations unreal..

Favorite Answer

Commercialization is rampant in America, and we are told by movies and commercials how to live our lives. Despite the fact that most people logically see commercials and movies as fantasy versions of what we should do and be, we still internalize the fantasies we see and try to live our lives that way, despite the futility of it. Therefore, we see the way the world looks in movies and commercials and try to mimic that look in our own lives. This applies to the way we celebrate Halloween, too, as more and more people use Hollywood movie-style props they pay big bucks for to decorate and buy huge bags of expensive brand name candy in the mistaken notion that the trick-or-treaters will enjoy this more. While this does add to the Hollywood spook factor on that one "magical" night, there are those (me included) who can create an atmosphere of chills and thrills with one simple costume, a few glow bracelets and cheap spiderwebbing (some of it created by actual spiders) and baggies of inexpensive candy and favors. In short, we celebrate Halloween "to the nines" because commercialization tells us it is what we should do, and it makes us sadder, but we can get beyond it and into a place where we can enjoy Halloween for what it truly is.

In reading the previous answers, I think I need to clarify the history of Halloween for accuracy's sake. It is not a celebration of evil, nor do the traditions come specifically from one nation or place. For a more accurate history compiled by a member of the clergy, visit: http://www.new-life.net/halowen1.htm. Happy Haunting!

Alot of people like Halloween for the simple fact that you can dress up as anyone you want to without being criticized on any normal day and the parties are also fun and usually they get a little wild....ITS ALL ABOUT THE CANDY BABY!!!

• Halloween is from Celtic/Pagan traditions. And most Americans are not atheists. I decorate because I'm a kid at heart and I like the spooky stuff. I've got animatronics, light/sound effects, fog machines, and a yardful of tombstones. It is my favorite holiday of the year.

Because there are many who celebrate evil in this world. Celebration of evil = Halloween

that is not sturdy. i'm celebrating in a candle lit front room, in front of a roaring log fireplace and supping on pumpkin soup. company is extremely risky, besides the undeniable fact that that is previous my administration, it fairly is why i'm additionally taking area in a great Bordeux mutually as I nevertheless can...

Ummm....Canada Goess Pretttyyy Wild too....like spending over 5,000 wildd....... on time there was this house that had the whole "Ring" Theme Thier was girls crawling pon the floor ETC....and they spent like 9,00 i think it wass....

So It Aint Just America

I think that may be because it's an american tradition. They get all the fun

it used to be Indians did it to scare off bad spirits (they didn't get candy) but then it became more kiddish and people started giving candy for an un-known reason.

• JAMI E

Its for the children. We go thru all the preporation to entertain the kids.

Halloween is actually from Mexican culture !!!