If you're having conflicts with your relatives how should you handle it?

I feel like my closest relatives know me too well and sometimes they get on my personal issues that I never like discussing about with anyone and would prefer to keep it to myself.

Favorite Answer

Keep your problems to yourself, and strongly avoid discussing them with people you wish wouldn't know about your personal life. And tell them that you just don't wanna discuss certain things with them; remind them that everyone has personal issues that they dont feel comfy about if others know about them.

they sound like concerns not conflicts to me. The relatives are getting too close, . . .uncomfortably close into your private space.

The best way is to be frank with them, tell them how their interference affects you. Tell them you love them but allowing you your private space is advisable and good for your relationship. Be serious but cheerful, not jocularly idiotic when you summon them for a "small brief" talk! Tell them there are certain things/issues you prefer not discussing. They'll understand your point.

• TBONE

when they are making you uncomfortable simply tell them the subject closed for discussion if they can't understand that you need to develop some back bone

Don't tell them about the details of your life...keep it personal

Just tell them nicely that its your personal life and if you want to talk to them about it you will. and tell them you appriciate their concern, but you just don't want to talk about it. then walk away.

don't tell them your business