Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is Christian rock Satanic?

Favorite Answer

Actually, things in and of themselves are morally neutral. It is the hands of humans upon them that turn them good or evil. Christian rock is just that. If human voices choose to speak evil, then it is the human not the medium that is wrong/bad.

Christian rock doesn't, and never did exist. It is just one more thing that the Christians have tried to hijack for their own use because they were not creative enough to come up with the idea them selves. During the 60s and 70s the Christians were against anything that even suggested rock and roll, but as soon as they discovered that there was money to be made from it the story changed and the thievery began.

Source(s): _I'm from the 60s so let say this to all the music thiefs, peace on you.
  • wishon

you have heard from some previous college fundamentalists. Yeah there is a few Christian bands (Evanescence isn't one in each and every of them! Google it) look, song isn't Christian or secular. Christian is a noun not an adjective. optimum Christian rock sucks. i will declare this as a results of actuality i used to be a Christian rock DJ. look, if the song isn't bringing you down then that's effective. there is a few bands that are Christians yet whether day out with secular rock. as an occasion, Thousand Foot Krutch is a Christian band and that they grew up with secular band 3 Days Grace. They day out on a similar time each and every so in lots of cases. that's all reliable. Rock song is stunning. song is stunning as long as a results of fact it would not supply you down.

• Nic

Hi there! You are asking some pretty good questions! Good on you.

My belief about christian rock - is firstly that it shows to younger people (and older people who have youthful taste) that Christianity doesnt have to be boring and old and choirs etc.

Secondly it is an outreach. It can be thanked for the salvation of thousands of youth.

Thirdly as long as the lyrics are christian based they are ok

Fourthly it gets people excited about God. Have you seen hundreds of youth jumping up and down to christian rock and praising? It is great.

And it is fun!

Yes, it is satanic. Any musical instrument that is used in

worships which has ecstacy effects is actually satanic.

Even in the movie, the passion of christ, actually the story is not that sov\bering seeing an actor being tortured by the romans. It is the music background that is giving impact at the people to cry. That's satanic.

Guess waht, the early christians had never worship as the christians today do .

why would it be christian music is christian music who cares how it sounds

Any type of Christian praise music wouldn't (would not) be satanic.

Are the words or the message Glorifying God?

You can tell if music is satanic. Does it promote sex, drugs, drunkedness, murder, lies, lust, corruption, selfish pride, etc.?

You know a tree by its fruit.

Jesus is the Rock of our Salvation, the Stone that the builders rejected. The Rock isn't (is not) satanic either.

Lol! I actually though of this before. Yes and No. No because it depends on the individual, I guess if it brings one closer to God or helps them understand things better than it's good. Yes, because I think some songs are just too plain or "odd" perhaps it's spreading something false or something that is a lie. I'm Christian, but I will not listen to that stuff, it's scary and doesn't sound like professional musicians. My opinion of course.

Christian rock is BAD music. I mean, just plain bad music - not evil as such. My theory is that the more inteliigent musicians tend to be secularists today. Handel and Bach had the excuse of living centuries ago.

So maybe that's why you hear Christian rock and think "****, now THAT'S bad, and you're not sure as to whether it's "evil" bad or just plain bad. It's just plain bad, but pretty harmless for the most part.

Source(s): Bachelor of music. Professional music experience. Mental illness as a teen, when i was a Christian.

Maybe, Maybe not. But it sure the heck is the most likely to be "sell outs" music. Infact I dont think you can have christian rock music without it being "sold out" but I could be wrong :)