livinhapi asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

Why is it that a lot of TSA people acts like they are gods in dealing with the public.?

i travel a lot and i keep on noticing that a lot of this people are acting like they are in a big, big power trip. some of them don't even look so profesional, they look more like terrorist than anything else, i know we are very conscious about personal freedom in this country but should we also try to tell some of this people to act accordingly. you are gov't employees and you should represent this country well not arrogantly and undisciplined looking physically and acting unnecessarily rude and abusive. and also why do they always shout and talk so much among themselves while working. is this allowed?(or is it another stupid thing to ask?)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

they used to work for minimum wage and they forgot that

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Probably there are a few like that, as there are in any bureaucracy. Kings and queens of petty fiefdoms. Generally, I think most of them are just trying to do their job or at least look like they are trying to do it. It must be pretty boring looking through people's hand luggage and personal items. Maybe some of the ones you saw were training other employees. What I thought was hilarious was when I saw them swabbing the shoe of an old lady in a wheel chair (2002).

• 1 decade ago

because they have a big shiny badge and you dont and they want to let you know it

once i wore a big shiny soveit naval commander badge and i was strip-searched and bomb sniffed by a dog for it

that would indicate that they only act like that because all their badges emit radiation that alters your state of reality

also in most humans power becomes an addiction

• 1 decade ago

People tend to hold onto what little power they have and it makes them feel more powerful to dominate/oppress those people over whom they have power.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Typical law enforcement bureaucrats...

One step above insects...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.