Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Christians, have you EVER in your life been angry at God?

Favorite Answer

I was angry at God after my nephew was murdered. I was mad because he allowed that to happen, but at the funeral, 26 kids dedicated their lives to God, which, if my little nephew had lived a very long time, he would have never accomplished that. I was also angry at God after my dad died of a heart attack. I couldn't believe that God would take him and leave all the mean people in the world. I broke my toe when I dropped kicked a chain saw that I couldn't start, knowing my dad could have started it with one pull and easily cut the limb from my mother's roof. I stood there crying, pointed toward where I thought God would be in the sky and demanded that he start the saw since He thought it was such a grand idea to take my dad. I had a regular tantrum. But after a while, when I thought about it, I realized that God had everything planned, it was a perfect plan, and it was simply my father's time to go to his home in Heaven. God understands my hurt and my anger. And He forgives.

Many, many, many times! But I have learned over the years that God is always right in his judgments and ways - it is when WE are in the wrong and not understanding that we get angry. How dare we think that God would be wrong about something? Certainly we don't always like the circumstances we find ourselves in. But if we want our circumstances to change, we must ask what WE need to do, or where we have gone wrong.

Yeah... and then I got over it. David got angry at God, frustrated with Him, even felt like He wasn't there for him a time or two. When you are upset with God, you might as well be real with Him like David was is the Psalms. God knows your heart anyway.

• JoJoBa

I never got angry with him and it was I did not understand some things concerning life and God and why was I born to die.

• Sheryl

Yes, back before I knew him. I was pissed at him all the time and blamed him for everything that was wrong in my life and in the world.

Then I got saved and learned his true nature and heart and realized that man is the reason for the suffering on this earth, not God.

i am angry at god all the time. i have never understood why he lets so many people die, yet i love him for all the good he does as well. for every person who dies a terrible fate, a healthy baby is born, or a miracle is preformed. god is magical and mystical. we have to accept his as is.

Yes. Its frustrating when you dont know what He's trying to do in your life. To you, the things He does might seem stupid, but in reality, theyre almost "gifts" from Him because He's perfect and He knows what hes doing. Its all about putting trust in Him.

Take Care

God Bless

Yes, a long time ago. Past all that now. Thank God!

Unfortunately, yes, I have. When something happened that I thought was unfair occured.

I now realize that the world doesn't revolve around me.

yes so many time's but god give's us thing's and takes things away from us for a reason