Orphanage??

Ok, i dont know how orphanages work, but do they have like little kids there?? cause i wanna go, obviously not to adopt because im only 15 lol but i want to go and help out with whatever i can. i also wanted to do community service there but i dont know anything about it???

am i even allowed to see them??

Favorite Answer

Are you in the US? The US has a foster care system. No orphanages. Many other countries have orphanages. Many mission groups make trips to orphanages. You could look into going on a mission trip!

Yes, they often have kids as old as you and older there as well - they are wards of the state until age 18. If you have an orphanage near you, then I would call them and ask if they allow community service or volunteer work. Otherwise, contact the local social services office and they can help you get into community service where you get to work with kids.

And yes, the U.S. STILL has orphanages , regardless of what others may tell you. They are different than foster care, though there are some orphans in foster care, but not all by far.

• Karen

There are a few orphanages in the US but usually they are privately run. The Disabled American Veteran's have one that I know of. Most of them are short on money and long on kids. I am sure they would be happy to find you something to do for a couple of days a week.

Good Luck.

• I don't know what it's like from state to state, but have you thought of volunteering for big brothers/big sisters? I don't know the age guidelines on that, but that would probably just as rewarding.

I don't know if we have them here in the us but you are a total sweetheart for caring enough about those children to want to help !!

that is really thoughtful of u

double check with your local government

• Rachel

there are place contact places like oxfam.