Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

What if he doesnt love me?

ok my boyfriend say that he never gets too close to someone because he is scared to lose them. it make me feel like he doesn't love me. and he said he never wants to get married because all the people he knows got divorced. i dont know am i wasting my time?

i really love him.

Favorite Answer

no you aren't wasting your time at all...he needs to know that he's truely loved...he's probably been hurt many times before and now is just on his guard.......you need to show him that u really won't leave.....and that you love him...don't tell him........SHOW HIM!....trust me you'll help him open up and both of you will be much happier.....he needs someone like you to make him not scared anymore...good luck!

It sounds like your boyfriend is scared of intimacy because his fear of losing loved ones is greater than his desire to be with them. That is really sad, because I'm sure you want to get much closer to him. Now that he's told you about his fear and has put it out in the open, try to talk to him about it. Maybe his love for you will overcome his fear and he'll get closer to you. Give him some time. But if after say 6 months or so he's still pulling away, you have to realize that he is being a waste of time. You want a guy that is fully committed to the relationship and not scared to close to you. I really hope it works out for you! Happy New Year

• carole

There are times when relationships just don't work out - not because you don't like each other, but because your end goals are not the same. You have 3 choices - work to change him (which seldom works out happily), leave him and find someone who wants a committed, long term relationship or just don't sweat it and enjoy the time that you have together.

Peace!

Life is an eternal cycle of loving and loosing...your boyfriend has to accept this fact and fully live his emotion without wondering how long will it last, this will only shorten the relationship.

Let's be realistic...You cannot make someone love you. He's probably making excuses. Sounds like he's got some issues from the past that he needs to work on before he's really ready for a mature relationship.

• OC

You never waste your time when you really love somebody.

he might not really care and might just be in there to show you off to his buddies. if he always ditches you and says he wants to go hang out with some of the guys he may be out with another girl. just move on and find anther guy who really cares about you.

You're wasting your time. He's a tool

You're wasting your time. He's a tool who only cares about himself.

Honey,this guy is a loser who wants his cake and to eat it too. He will treat you and every woman he meets like some "Booty Call". It's time to kick him to the curb and move on.