my boyfriend is a real jerk, what should I do???

i wanted to spend the new year's eve with him, and he told me that if i wanted to go out, he certainly would come too. but today when i called him, he said that he doesn't want to go to some ghetto club (the one that i would have to go since i'm not 21 yet), and he prefer to go to a nicer club instead. but i wouldn't be able to go at all. There is nothing wrong of me for wanting to spend the new year's eve with him, and he just doesn't seem like he cares at all. i got real upset when he told me that, but he was saying that i'm in the wrong for pushing it too hard. even though i hate my boyfriend right now, i still don't want to break up with him...or should i? what should i do?

Favorite Answer

I can't tell how old you are, but go get this book: He's Just Not That Into You by Greg Behrendt. Read it and be ruthlessly honest with yourself.

We teach people how to treat us by what we tolerate. Learn early when to call it quits. If he is really worth it and you have made a mistake, nothing will stop him from making that clear and getting you back.