Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

could someone out there help me please,i have no sound,ihave new speakers,tested ,said it was working ,not.?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Make sure your speakers are plugged in (or batteries if they need those), and all wires are plugged in correctly. The wiring config can be a little daunting sometimes.

Double click the little Volume icon in the lower right corner in windows, make sure all of your volume tabs are turned up, and none are on mute.

If it's not those two things, then it is a sound card issue. Make sure you installed drivers for a new sound card (if you installed one recently). Or ask your shop to test your sound card, or put in a new one.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If the sound problems occur intermittently, there could be a interrupt conflict problem. Uninstall the audio and sound drivers and restart the computer. The computer will automatically reinstall the required drivers and the problem will be resolved. For more information you can check the following site: http://fixit.in/sound.html I find the information givenin the site is more useful

• 1 decade ago

Press Windows key + Pause Break key ...Then u will get on to System properties......Then u go to device manager.......and select ur sound device.....and double click...........See driver details.......If there is a driver......The problem will be related to the cables and the devices......Otherwise.....You reinstall the driver from the CD u have got with the card............................If u dont have the driver CD...........Browse for driver in the following site

http://www.driverguide.com

• 1 decade ago

if your sound card is onboard(install the software.,use the cd ofyour motherboard)., if you have a pci soundcard use the cd installe when you buy one it's with the soundcard

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you must have a cd with sounds on it. i did. i didnt have no sound either. but i had acd it was on it. check all of your cd's that came with your computer ok.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.