Cliff asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

What kind of sickness does this sound like?

I have a VERY soar throat that itches, hoarse, conjested my whole body hurts just from acheyness. I have some film I cough up every now and then. No tempeture but I feel warm. What does this sound like?

Favorite Answer

Could be a bad cold, with chest congestion, or it could be the flu in it's early stages.

Look at your throat in a mirror and use a flashlight, if you see any small whiteish spots, you need to get a throat culture, it could be strep throat. This needs to be urgently treated, as it tends to spread, and can make you quite ill without treatment.

Frankly it sounds like flu and there are antiviral medications a doctor can give you that will lessen the lenght and severity of this and also make your family safer.

You need to be seen by a Doctor. Until you are monitor and record your symptoms and temperature, so if you do need to be urgently seen at some point you have something written that will help medical professionals.

• George

To me it sounds like that you have the walking pneumonia. It shows very little temperature. Sometimes you'll be hot and the next you'll feel cold, body aching all over, even hurts to walk, breath, and even it hurts to even go to the bathroom. The best cure for this is to take some strong antibiotics, and plenty of rest. I hope that you get to feeling better soon!

• 2007

Sounds like you have a virus that is going around now. Mine started the day after Christmas and now it is just a slight sore throat and congested head.

• It seems to be a viral infection through air. Had you ate sufficient food since last 4-5 days ? if not, do a test for T.B., Otherwise it seems to a general infection of flu or similar type.

Sounds kind of like the flu to me especially with the aching and all. I sure hope that you feel better.

sounds like strep or the flu that hasnt kicked in full force yet

could be anything strep throat, cold, flu , pneumonia

HIV