Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

I dont know what to do....?

I know most of you dont want all of this information, but i dont know how else to ask this. My last period was Dec. 3rd. Im on birth control but had missed a few around the holidays, i was sexually active and still havent had a period. On the 27th i had very very light bleeding but it was gone the next day. Im about 5 or 6 days late on my period, i took a HPT and it was negative. I have an app. with my doctor later on this month. Im very confused, anyone have any advice or know what this might be?

Favorite Answer

If you havent finished your birth control pack (or at least gotten to the last five pills at the end) then it is too early to tell if you are pregnant. You should start your period when you get to the last five pills in the pack. (which should be very soon if you are on a 28 day pill.) When you are on the pill, you are not on your cycle you are on the pills' cycle. This cycle is VERY exact. It may take some time for your body to "adjust" to the pills' cycle and maybe you were origionally supposed to menstruate around the 27th but didnt because you are on the pill now and the pill is controlling your hormones..This would explain the slight bleeding around the 27th. Also, as a side note, if you miss more than two pills in a month at any time, then the pill is no longer guaranteed as effective for that month and you should really use a condom or some other method for that month. Just know that in the future. Bottom line, it is too early to tell with a pregnancy test. If you have a 28 day pill pack you should start your period this week yet. If you don't then I would start to worry (just a little bit though). Even if you don't start this week, could be still too early to tell with a pregnancy test, also a side effect to the pill is missed or light periods. I know this is an anxious wait but I would see your doctor for sure but right now you still have time.

it is most likely that you missed your pills. you can never miss a pill with your taking birth control it will mess up your period. if you took the test and you were atleast two weeks late and it came out negative then its fine. i would wait to go to the doctor until your next period happens and take all your pills like your supposed to. you might end up wasting your money by going to the doctor and i wouldn't recommend it but you do what you feel you need too. good luck.

Sometimes with stress, your period can be delayed. Go to the doc, make sure you aren't pregnant. It sounds like you could be. HPT can give false readings it happens more often than you think. I have had 1 false positive and 2 false negatives which in turn caused me to miscarry. Be careful what you do and take care of yourself until you find out for sure. Blood pregnancy tests are the only 100% accurate pregnancy test there is.

It could be late because you were stressed out about the holidays but also because you missed those pills. Its very important not to miss any pills, and if you do make sure you have protection if you want to have sex. Also sometimes a preg test isnt able to tell soon and it can be worng. If you want take another one in a day or so. Good luck

Probably the stress of the holidays, plus I think a lot of women have missed a few periods here and there for unknown reasons. Just relax and when you have your visit with the Dr. he will check and test you.

Use a condom next time!