Can you tell me if I need a license to sell autos in NC via Ebay? Is there any restrictions I must abide by?

I am trying to get a business going on Ebay in NC and I am wondering what kind of big money items I could sell without getting into trouble. This would include autos, houses etc..

Any info (websites etc...) on this would be great!

Favorite Answer

Obviously you would need a dealers licence for auto's in NC, but other than that, there is nothing else needed to start up an eBay business... You will have all the instructions when you make your eBay store, the guidelines to go with it and such...

Check out the NC DMV form. You may not even meet some of the minimum requirements to become a licensed dealer. However, you may need a separate business license. You may have to file as a sole-proprietor, Incorporate, or get an LLC.

Check Ebays website. I doubt there is anything extra you would have to get. You just pay ebay for posting the auction, and a percentage of the final sale.