what the heck do i do? i need advice!?

my best friend's boyfriend doesn't like me and i try to be nice to him as best as i can. i don't want to hurt my best friends feelings and i don't want them to break up. how do i tell him that i'm her best friend and you need to be nice to me because i will be her friend forever, but u won't be her boyfriend forever? he really makes me feel down on myself and he makes me feel VERY sad. i just want him to like me. please help me.

Favorite Answer

He's probably just a bit jealous of the time you spend with her and afraid she may tell you things he doesn't want you to know (and she probably does). Confronting him may cause a rift in your friendship with her. She may be your friend forever, but he's definitely got some sway with her in the moment. The best thing to do is avoid him. Let your friend know that he gives you a bad vibe and that you'd prefer to do things with her when he's not around. Don't try to talk him down, just let her know you sense that he is hostile toward you. If she brings it up to him, it's likely he will at least TRY to treat you cordially when she's around. There's really not much you can do but ride this thing out. Good luck.

• Liz

This is a problem for your best friend to solve. She needs to tell her boyfriend that while he certainly doesn't have to like you, he will be expected to be polite to you and respect you.

this is totally a control issue, he wants to control who she sees, and has contact with, so It will not make one bit of difference what you do, he will never like you, and why is it so important that he like you, you are not going out with him she is, and you are also right you will be friends long after he has hit the road

• Tellie

Who is he .............? A King of the World . that's right his nobody and you are special . and if he can't see that that **** him . you tryed to make peace . Tell your friend how ignorant her boyfriend is .

He's probably jealous of the time and/or attention your friend spends on you.

Ignore him, he's immature.

tell him that....be like, " idk what i did to u...but uhh either u can just get over whatever the f*** it is....cuz shes my bestfriend and UR not going to ruin it!!!" go off on his ***!!! if he rly likes her he's not going break up w/ her cuz of u...or hes just there for something else!!!

hmmmmmmm

you already said it. now tell him