should i get this checked out?

since like 3 months back i been getting cold/dry coughs every other week. i went to the doctor and all he said was i needed to quit smoking so i did (well i have 2 a day but am getting there). i also changed the way i eat(to get a better imune system) but am still getting these bad colds is it something serious or just me worrying about it too much.

Favorite Answer

what is the point going back to the Dr.? He told you what to do and you haven't done it..When you quit give it a few months, then if the cough is still there, have it rechecked..

Bronchitis could be what is getting you. When I smoked I got it bad late December through mid January every single year until I quit smoking. Or it could just be your lungs trying to clean out all the crap in them. My hubby had this when he was smoking. Whenever he had a slight cold he would cough alot. Recently he quit smoking and it seemed to get worse. He hated it. After a short time it stopped and he feels much better now.

Quit smoking completely. Take vitamins, drink lots of water, and start exercising when you feel better. Try Cold-Eze, which you can get at any grocery store or drug store, but don't eat/drink any citrus 1/2 hr or take Vitamin C 1/2 hour before or after sucking on the lozenge (it cuts the active ingredient - Zinc that helps cut the cold). Also, Airborne is good for prevention.

When I quit after ten years (the second time) it took at least two weeks for the junk to clear out of my lungs and for me to slow down on coughing. Remember too as you quit smoking you are removing the tar and nicotine "coating" from your lungs and it is very possible to get more colds from that. The good news is after all the junk is gone you will be stronger and it will be harder for you to catch a cold. Good For You and Good Luck.

• m c

That is one of the reasons why smoking is bad for anyone. You have not stopped, you are still smoking 2 a day. How can the doctor help you or you help yourself if you continue to do this. Stop , means stop, means none at all. It may takes months and years to clear you lungs. But it will never happen if you continue to do this. Good Luck

Source(s): Mom is nurse.

I am 27 & have emphysema. I have a lung disease called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency. Not many people/doctors know about it so alot of people are misdiagnosed. I'm not trying to freak you out just trying to get the word out so people can be tested. The test is free. All you have to do is contact the Alpha-1 foundation. I was told for so many years that I had asthma, allergies, pneumonia, etc. What I really had was a lung disease & the word is not out there about this illness so people are not getting tested for it.

Anyway, good luck.

if your doing what the doctor said and maybe taking some vitamins and eating right then your worrying too much. it will go away in time.

It takes a long time to get over after you have completely stopped smoking, but apparently you haven't done that yet.

don't be stupid, 2 a day is not quiting. you want to feel better , just stop

i live in hawaii

the girls are cute here