Any way to get Windows Vista now if your computer is capable but didn't come with a disc?

Favorite Answer

Not right now. Just because you have a computer that is Windows Vista Capable doesn't mean that Microsoft will provide you with a free copy of Vista. However, if your computer came with a rebate for the Windows Vista Express Upgrade, your in luck.

Right now, the only way to get Windows Vista is if you have a Volume License agreement with Microsoft or if you have an MSDN (for Developers) or TechNet (for IT Professionals) subscription.

Windows Vista was released to Volume License businesses and enterprises on November 30th, 2006. It will be publicly available (retail, consumer launch) on January 30, 2007.

I hope this helps.

If you buy certain models of a new computer, between October of 2006 and March of 2007, you may be eligible for a vista upgrade. I bought a new computer in December, a windows XP media center edition, and I can get an upgrade when they are released. You have to check the store where you bought it..good luck..

If you were a Vista Beta tester, you should have a full version now. Rumor has it that it is available for businesses, but I'm not really sure about that. I can't remember the exact date that it is available for individuals.

Give the First guy the points he got it on the dot.

I agree with the first guy's answer. The rebate is key.