How much should it cost to remodel a kitchen?

Favorite Answer

It depends how much you are changing and what materials you are using..cabinets, flooring, counters...5000. New appliances, changing things around a lot, upgraded cabinets...could go as high as 40,000.

It depends on how much of a remodel you are considering. New cabinets can start at about $5000, and this is low end, with particle board sides and bottoms. Counter tops can start at about $1000, and again this is just run of the mill stuff. Plumbing can run about $2000-$10,000, depending on name brands. Appliances can go from about $2000 up. Flooring and walls are about $3000-$8000. Electrical outlets, recessed lights, switches, switch plates, under counter lighting, can run $2000- $8000. A rule of thumb, a newly remodeled kitchen will add about $10,000 to the sale of a house, so If you aren't going to live there for long after the remodel, I would keep the costs in that price range.

there are so many different ways you can remodel. If your hiring professionals and want top quality and your going to do a total remodel I'd say between $200 to $400 a square foot. it depends on fixtures, appliances, electrical, structural changes, etc,etc.

Go to your nearest Home Depot, very good bargains and installation from $2500-$5000.00 (64 sq.ft.), includes new ice box, new stove, new sink/faucet, new cabinets, and ceramic tile. But I hired a cheap laborer to install each unit, and I also help on the light thing.

Depending on your square foot area contractors remodel approx. $10000- $15000 (64-100sq.ft.)/ $25000-$80000 (250-600 sq.ft.)and they have the same guarantees.

Source(s): Union Carpenter

Depending on what you plan on doing, between $5 to $100,000.

depending on what you want to have done. The more you have done the more it will cost. But I would say from 20,000.00 to even as much as 100,000.00 or even more.

probably 20, or 30,or even higher depending on appliances.And that is low end.

my opinion..

http://www.remodeling.hw.net/industry-news.asp?sec...