Can thin, fine, hair grow long without looking flat?

I would love to have long flowing hair but there's just one problem...ever since I was little i've had thin, fine, flat flat flat hair. I've never been able to grow it past my shoulders but have always wanted to. Is this possible? Is there anything out there that can increase the thickness of my hair? I've tried volume shampoos, conditioners, gels, sprays, everything. Help anyone?

Favorite Answer

Well, unfortunatly..I had the same problem..but I got this stuff called tea tree oil...got mine from my barber..but you can prolly get it at like Walgreens and it thicken my ahir which made it break less and grow more...Hope I helped!!!

I'm in the same boat exactly. One thing that helps a bit is dying your hair with a semi-permanent dye. A semi-permanent dye DOESN'T penetrate the hair shaft (unlike "permanent" dyes which do penetrate the hair shaft and leave damage behind - that's your evidence that I am correct). Semi-permanent dye merely coats the hair shaft (which is why it washes out as opposed to fadeing and growing out with the permanent stuff). Such a dye will serve to add a bit of extra volume and thickness to your hair. Apart from that, there's nothing. All those shampoos's, etc., don't work. They are expensive and are only about marketing to make the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for themselves. Such is the cosmetics industry.

This is going to sound weird, but try taking prenatal vitamins to encourage hair growth...and brush your hair out at night and put it into braids before you go to sleep (I don't know why, but it works for me).

My hair is midway down my back now, and it's taken a couple of years to get there from shoulder length, so be patient.

Mine is also thin and fine. Applying hair color seems to help give it more body and a bit of thickness - I use a color that's close to my natural hair color, so the roots don't show so much as they would if I used a lighter shade. Feria is my favorite brand - lots of nice shades and it gives my hair a super nice sheen/shine.

I even have an analogous style of hair. It does not carry a curl or something, yet I desire my hair longer. attempt employing a volumizing shampoo. i take advantage of a privately advertised style that works extremely properly. additionally, on the days which you do no longer shampoo your hair, attempt employing velcro rollers in you hair - use the super ones. positioned them on your hair before you get a bathtub and enable the humidity of the nice and comfortable water help to shape your hair. Wait a couple of minutes when you have taken your bathe to take the rollers out - even nonetheless it incredibly is going to strengthen your quantity. or you additionally can attempt a Boar Bristle Brush - those issues are astonishing! they seem to be a splash on the costly side - I paid $23 for a "much less costly" one - yet i like it and use it consistently.

• Yes! Try blowdrying your hair upsidedown. This is very effective in getting added volume. You should also use a volume spray or mousse of some sort in combination with this.

Use those round-brush then blowdry it in a circle-ish manner going inside and try using Aveda volumizer. Yep.. seems like you need volume. Don't use any volumizing garneir fructis products though cuz it's gonna make your hair poof like your hair is filled with split ends.