Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & Gear · 1 decade ago

xbox problems?

HELLO I NEED A LITTLEW HELP MY XBOX KEEPS SAYING THAT IT DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE DISC I THOUT IT JUST NEEDED TO BE CLEAN SO I BOUGHT THIS CLEANING DISC A GAME STOP THAT IS SOPPOST TO CLEN THE EYE THERE MADE FOR THIS SYTEM THEY SAY BUT THAT DIDNT WORK SO IF ANY ONE OUT THERE CAN PIONT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION TO FIX THIS PROBLEM IT WOULD BE3 GREATLY APPROITED THANKS JEREMY

i bought it from a used

Favorite Answer

It may be the disc drive. Some of the first gen xbox's had a disc drive that always breaks down...here's a site to see if you have one of those or not...I had the same problem and i replaced my drive and it worked fine...I used the site below to do it.

Unfortuanately this happens to most X-Box systems. You can send it out to be cleaned, but that can be costly. This is because it often needs to be shipped somewhere to be fixed. The best thing would be if you had a warranty so you can just go get a new one....which will eventually stop reading disks. However it can get much worse. My X-Box is now at a point where a screen comes up and says "this is an xbox disk, now please insert in xbox."

yeah either that cd that you got was utter crap, or there might be something deeper than just the laser. you might want to send it in to microsoft, or get it taken apart (by proffesionals) and get their opinion.

• ajponu

is your system a 360? if so Microsoft is fixing them for free.

simple, if ur warranty is still valid, send it back for a replacement