Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 1 decade ago

Could I be the only one?

As hard as I try, it always ends up being the same way. I don't know what's wrong with me but I really just hate New Years. Could I possibly be the only one that just doesn't like it???

PS: I have NO idea why I could hate it so much...

I've got great friends, a wonderful relationship and a fabulous family all of which I have had a wonderful year with.

I feel bad that I took offense to this but I'm not a "taker" I spend a lot of my time giving back to the community, I think I can always do more and I will work on that next year but I'm in no way a hateful person... If you didn't mean it that way, I'm sorry that I misinterpreted it but that really bothered me, one of my new years resolutions is to spend more time for myself in addition to giving back to the community.

Like I said, I have no idea why I just *cant* get into the party mode like other people seem to be able to.

Favorite Answer

Probably you're not, but take two aspirin and call me in the morning.

Nothing is wrong with you. I'm guessing that there is so much "hype" over the day and you just don't see why. I am with you on this. It's really just another day, the beginning of the next year. Do we really have to celebrate it?? What's the big deal really?? It's an "excuse" to have a party. And after midnight comes and goes...... whoopie?!? Usually I don't even stay awake until the "new year". Yes, this year is an exception. I slept in today. I honestly can't remember the last time I was "awake" when the new year arrived.

Maybe you are what is called a taker and not a giver.You take all the good things of life in any one year but you never give back to anyone anything so your not able to enjoy anything that requires you to be kind

so the end and start of each year to you is a big hateful nothing

hmm. Maybe something uncomfortable happened on New Years long ago, but you can't put together the pieces of the puzzle. Start a new tradition on New Years; something that gives you pleasure and joy. Start today and continue every year. Keep looking up and keep the faith. Reading the Bible would be a great start. smile

The fact is that this is the time of year when we are closest to those we love, and it becomes easier to say the things that you normally wont...but if your on the outside looking in, it's worse then any other time...try not to focus on it too much, life is meant to be lived, not always thought about....better luck in 07.

Happy NEW year.

You are not alone. If you hate what people do in celebrating New Year( over indulgence in alcohol and subsequence acts) you are the enlightened one.

• mo

I use to hate New Years Eve too. Just relax and do something fun for yourself. Happy New Year to you.

cheer up, put on a happy face. look at it this way: more of heaven in 2007.

I hate it, too. It means vacation is over and school's just a day away. :(:(

damn ***** love it or hate, if you got a problem or depressed its new years finger **** yourself happy got it baby ???