pennyyf asked in Consumer ElectronicsTVs · 1 decade ago

Sony bravia series code question?

When I search Sony's Bravia X-series online, I realized there are some diffenrece on code across boarders. For example, here is Asutralia, the 46' one is called KDL46X2000 while in US is called KDL46XBR3. The inferior model (or I should say earlier model) used to be called KDL46XBR2 but the latter model had some improvement over it. So is this a similar case when I try to figure out difference between KDL46X2000 and KDL46BR3? I mean should there be a model that supurier to another? Thanks for your interest and help!

Favorite Answer

I think this is related to region Aus is within the Asia Pacific region. Sony made diferent type for diferent purpose for US type usually only have the NTSC reception. The new model is not always superior, for cut cost reason they can remove thing that don't effect to much but can cut cost.