Is there anyway to paint with blood?

And not have it flake off or lose its color? On a metal surface like a dog tag.

Update:

Haha, I didn't think of how stupid this question would sound. Sorry for my ignorance, I really don't know anything about it. And it's next to impossible to gross me out; it'd only be a little blood anyways.

Update 2:

Piss off, hard_man, it's for a ritual.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

What the heck?! Anything that can decay WILL lose color and affect the other pigments around it. If it's on a metallic surface (like a dog tag) it will rust the thing. The only thing I can suggest is to cover it with some kind of fixative or medium, to seal it. Polymers come to mind, like the ones they use in flower arranging. Check with your local art store and/or others who paint in blood!

• Login to reply the answers
  • marya
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Blood is cool and all, but where are you going to get enough blood to paint? Ugh I dont want to think of wheres its coming from. Anyways I would think it would probally dry up and get like crunchy...kinda like when you get a bloody nose. Sorry if i grossed you out. Oh yeah and it turns brown.

• 4 years ago

Blood on a canvas will turn black so would make lousy paint. You should check out the movie called "The Red Violin". A visually wonderful film about a violin the maker 'tarnished' with the blood of his beloved wife. The wife had just died and he did it out of grief.

• 1 decade ago

I haven't tried this but you should be able to mix it with either an acryllic or oil medium.I think I would try Liquin which is a quick drying oil resin.

Hemoglobin is mostly iron oxide which is a pigment used in some of the red and brown paint.good luck.

Source(s): worked in an art store
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Use paint you emo.

• 1 decade ago

yes..it is qurbani here. why dont you come here and get gallons of blood...cow blood that is. oh did i gross you ? a gross question deserves a gross answer.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You could mix it with shellac.

• 1 decade ago

you could but it will clot and dry out. more than like it will also crack.

• 1 decade ago

NOOO!!!!

• cheers
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You are f*****g sick

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.