Todd G asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

If the TSA checks baggage and items are missing, can you hold the responisble?

Favorite Answer

Actually you can submit a claim specifying what item is missing and what the approximate value is. A receipt helps prove your case. You'll need flight details, a description of the item, and such. My wife had purchased a brand new shirt and it was taken apparently by a baggage checker. It took several months but we received a reimbursement check eventually.

I GUESS YOU CAN AND LET THEM PAY FOR WHATEVER COST THAT YOU DESERVED!!! I REALLY DON'T MIND THE ENFORCED SECURITY THAT WE ARE HAVING BUT WHAT I DON'T APPRECIATE IS THAT THERE IS A LOT OF THIS TSA PEOPLE WHO ARE HAVING A BIG, BIG POWER TRIP AS THEY TALK AND DEAL WITH PEOPLE, I THINK A LOT OF THEM ARE PEOPLE WHO WERE JUST PICK-UP FROM THE STREET WITHOUT ANY TRAINING AT ALL, AT ALL ON HOW TO ACT PROFESSIONALLY AND RESPECTFULLY AND COURTEOUSLY TOWARDS PEOPLE WHO ARE REALLY MOSTLY ARE PAYING MOST OF THE BUDGET THEY ARE GETTING...PLS. SOMEBODY TRY TO TRAIN THIS PEOPLE PROPERLY AND PROFESSIONALLY!!!

Yes you can if you can prove that it was opened. As if the zipper was tampered.