montyism asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 decade ago

why is life so bard?

Favorite Answer

Because you are the playwright William Shakespeare.

No. Life is a struggle so that it keeps us interested. Look at how bored and depressed daddys little rich girls and boys get when life is made too easy for them. They end up in rehab don't they(?) and we read about them in the tabloids. The human mind always needs a challenge. If you don't have any real problems your mind will invent some. At least you have an authentic life with real challenges. You aren't like Paris Hilton who goes off the rails just to invent problems for herself.

Bard? I assume you mean hard...

That's a big question. For some, life truly is difficult while for others, life may seem easy and fun. Part of that depends on the individual's attitude and perspective. I've met people who are broke, homeless and without any living family yet they are always upbeat and happy. I've met others who are incredibly wealthy, in good health, have family who love them yet are still always miserable - even suicidal.

For some, such as a group in Africa which our church ministers to, they have very little. They live on the ground in huts, wear torn second hand clothes, no money and eat very little yet a group from their village was on video ecstatic, dancing and singing. Truly happy from the inside.

So while this answer may be simplistic and certainly not complete, I believe life is hard for those who have a poor outlook on it. For those who have real joy in their hearts, it doesn't matter what life throws at them, they have an inner strength and confidence that nothing can shake. It doesn't matter if they're hungry, in prison or even if they've lost loved ones recently. They will persevere.

As a Christian I believe that inner joy comes from God. Others may disagree and that's fine. Not here to push my beliefs or preach, just letting you know what helps me get through the tough times.

• egan

When you say bard, do you mean bad and hard? I don't know how old you are but you must have learnt that "life is a struggle" by now. In addition it's because of other people..................

Did you mean hard?? What's bard? Why is everyone talking about Shakespeare!??!

Because this is not our home, it is called Maya (illusion) it is temporary and full of misery. (only one forth of the souls come to the material world.( the less intelligent ones) That's us. Everything depends on ones last lifes karma. Go to krishnaculture. for the purpose of human life Read Bhagavad Gita as it is By Bhaktivedanta Prabhupada Chant the Maha Mantra which is the quickest way to bring one to reality and get rid of all suffering.

I know you meant hard, and I just asked my husband to answer...he said it's only hard if you make it hard. If you are suffering from bipolar disease or severe depression, I suggest you get therapy. It doesn't mean you're crazy, it just means you need a little help to get going in the right direction. Wish you the best for 2007 and as my 6th grade teacher told me..."Keep your chin up...don't ever let life catch looking down!" HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

that fact is the cornerstone of those of us who choose the buddhist way. the inevitable challenges and hardship of life is fundamentally caused by our cravings and the resulting frustration, anger and stress (your hardship). through slowly clearing our minds of these cravings with purposeful meditation we gradually detach from the cravings. You can reprogram you mind to tune out the bad and reduce or eliminate the negative emotional responses to the lifelong things that make life hard.

Source(s): buddha

Are you referring to Shakespeare? Or just the fact that life is one constant struggle with good and bad times sprinkled along it? Just to keep it interesting so we don't get bored.

Face it, the world is cruel. Life is unfair. But everyone has a purpose in life.

• wats bard?