Will we get back together?

me and my girlfriend broke up 2 weeks ago after being together for a year. Her parents are going through a divorce (father had an affair) and ever since that started she became very distant both emotionally and physically and this caused problems between us and thus we have broken up because she cant handle being in a relationship right now with everything thats going on...she says she knows she is only going to get worse because her parents are losing their house and she doesnt want me to go through her problems with her (even though i insisted id stand by her through anything) so our break up wasnt nasty and more of a circumstantial thing than a personal thing. even now we can still talk and have long conversations and get along. im hoping that given the circumstances that someday down the track we can get back together...yet im worried we may just end up going our separate ways. am i giving myself false hope or does our relationship actually stand a chance?

Favorite Answer

she is going through alot right now. you guys still talk and are nice and have long conversations. there is always a chance of gettign back together. she just needs some time to gather her emotions togehter. just be there for her when she needs you and hope for the best

good luck

1

Source(s): Bring Ex Lover Back - http://ExBack.oruty.com/?ZtgG

I think that's wrong on her part to just leave you because of rough times in her life. You want to be with someone who will make it work no matter what. It's not even like you were asking for too much and she couldn't handle it. You were just offering your support. I guess I can give her some credit for what she's going through because only someone who goes through something like that knows how it feels and she probably can't even think clearly right now but if I were you, I wouldn't want to get back with her. I'm sure you love her and all but I follow a simple rule, "Once a break-up, let it be once and for all" because it never works. Soemone who can just walk out on something now can do it in the future again. Just consider it over. It'll hurt now but you'll get over it, trust me!

One possibility is that she needs a lot of attention right now due to what is happening in her life. So she says she doesn't want to be with you so she can see you hurt for her and feel that she is needed and important to someone. If you really want to get back together with her, I think your best bet is that you make her feel like you're okay with it and you have no trouble accepting it. When it starts to register that she's actually losing you, she'll tell you that she didn't mean it and that she wants to be with you...

It is in this time that she need you most. The break-up coming from her is a sort of defense mechanism. She feel unworthy of you because of what is happening to her family. Well, you can stay friends with her and be open with the possibility of getting back together. "Love is lovelier the second time around" We do not know the future anyway. If you stay good always, God will bless you with all the best. So don't worry.

just comfort her. dont talk to her about what is happening in her family right now unless she wants to. give her time. i think that you have a chance. just think before you act or say something. she probably doesnt know what to do. and that she is worried that you or some other guy will do exactly what her father did. so she needs time to regain her trust for a guy. be there for her no matter what. if she needs a shoulder to cry on then you should be there and have your shoulder soaked for her. doe thing to make her happy. but i dont suggest bringing her any presents. it might make her cry even more or make her sadder. do things that show her you really care for her. things that you cant buy her. tell her comforting words. hope i help! :)

you should get back with her. she probably feels like her world is collapsing and wants to die. how would you fee if the father you trusted and loved turned into a cheater? you would loose faith in everyone. because she probably trusted her father and mother the most in the world and then her father did this to her mother. so she probable thinks the person i trust so much can decieve me then wouldnt someone like a friend or boyfriend, who i only trust so much because i only knew them for a part of my life, be more untrustworthy? if this seems confusing then read it over again. she has been shocked. she just wants to trun her back to the world right now and dont want to be bothered. some people dont like sympothy and she might be one of those people. she knows that you care a lot but she just want to be bothered. and maybe she thinks, right know, that she will bother you too much with her life and feels bad about that wants you to move on since she thinks that she unworthy for you. but secretly she probably wants you to stay. as for me if always wave people away when they comfort me but i have a feeling that i want them to do it. sometimes its complicated. dont give up on her. if you really do love her then you'll stay no matter what. but DONT go all the way till you annoy her or get obsessed and let it take over your life. thats bad.

I think you have a great chance of staying together. Did it ever occur to you that because of her father's indiscretions and the pain that her and her family are going through, that she might be afraid of what you might do in the future? Maybe when you have your talks, you can re-assure her that you would never hurt her in that way. If she knows and truly believes that you would NEVER do something or say something that couldn't be taken back, she might change her mind about going through this all alone.

She is going through alot and it sounds like she cant handle worrying about the responsibility of a relationship and dedacate the emotional energy it takes to deal with the family issues. Be her friend and if its ment to be all will be ok and if not you will know. respect her feelings right now, atleast shes being honest. that shows respect for you

I'd say there's a chance you could get back together. I'd say there's also a chance that you won't.

I suggest that you keep doing what you're doing, and after she's had a chance to calm down about things (maybe in a couple weeks or months), just ask her how she feels about things.

just back off and be a friend. sounds like she doesnt need sex or a relationship right now.

Im sure if you do that, she will come around to her needs, but they may not match what you need.

divorce hurts families, period.

• Liz

Ònly time will tell.