asdf asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

The volume knob on my guitar is stuck?

I removed the plate in the back to check whats wrong but all I see are a bunch of wires and two metal things about the size of quarters for the knobs. What do I do?

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    The metal things are the 'pots' ... potentiometers ... the volume and tone controls. The wires are soldered to them and they come off of your pickups and go to the jack of your guitar. If one of the pots is jammed, it needs to be replaced with one exactly like the one you take out. Different pots have different electrical values ... don't mix them up!

    Source(s): I'm a bass player, have been playing most of my life and have had my share of electronics go bad on my basses over the years.
  • 1 decade ago

    Strong advice... take it to a competent repairperson.

    Source(s): I build guitars for a living
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.