Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

is it just me or is this really HAPPENING?

everybody wants us to be skinny anerxoics! and why can't we be ourselves?

Favorite Answer

Im with ya on that one!! I think the reason there is so much obesity in the world is because of the standards society places on people. Everyone wants to be skinny like all of the people all over t.v. and mags. F*** that S***. It causes depression and selfconsciousness. There needs to be more normal people getting discovered so that everyone can see the differences in hollywood and be more comfortable with themselves.

• lynda

the skinny anerxoic theme is slowly leaving the scene. People are having a tendency to be heavier. The key thing is to be comfortable with yourself and feel healthy..Don't try and be someone your not...

Because the people who try to push the image of uber-skinniness as mode only use that as a marker because it's not realistic, and if a person can't achieve it, then they can treat people badly. They treat others badly because it makes them think they have a sense of power. But, in reality, they're weak.

I don't at all. Some people are plain unhappy about themselves because they do not match the public image of what a beautiful person should be like. But actually, everyone's different and beautiful in different ways. We should not torture ourselves so other people would feel we are beautiful.

It is because this is what many men like now. It is the fashion. I decided that I would not buy into this. It is sick and I want no part of it. I don't care at all what other people think. People are stupid, that's what I think.

They aren't trying to be anerxoics. They just don't want to be fat like you. Shut up and eat another twinkie.

who is wanting you to be a skinny anerexica? the media? fashion lables? just be yourself and dont worry about what anybody says

Yeah, you're right! Why can't we be fat or skinny as we are!?

Because, it's in our heads that we shouldn't be and it's out THERE in peer-pressure land and TV land that we should conform!

We need to be confident! (I wish I was!)

I don't agree with being anorexic, but if by being 'yourself' you are overweight, that is unhealthy. Everyone is obsessed with being younger, and looking younger... but we are also mostly paranoid about death. And you are less likely to die young if you are fit.

• George

Very good question! Just be yourself. You don't have to please others, you please yourself. Just as long as you are happy and satisfied with yourself that's all that matters. Trying to please others is totally out of the question because they are still going to talk regardless. They will always find something to talk about. Just be happy being yourself!!