Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Anyone else think the catholic church is a joke?

Favorite Answer

never seen an insitute as full of hypocrrites as they are!

• magpie

I don't think it's a joke, a joke would means it's funny, it sure isn't funny. It is a corporate entity that goes back to Constantine, it even (the Papacy) has it's own army. I believe it has been a vicious and bad group right from the year 300, once the horrible Romans got involved , persecuting Gnostic's, etc it has been bad, Some Christians think the Pope is an anti-Christ figure. Jesus was never in favor of gilded palace like structures with red robes and rubies, that is not related to what Jesus wanted us to do. The Catholic church is about humans' idea of grandeur, not those of a carpenter's son

Some may, but the Catholic Church isn't nearly as much a joke as those who post ignorant questions like this.

I think religion in general is some kind of sick joke. But no, The catholic church isn't any more of a joke than any other religion or denomination.

i used to feel that way but now i dnt even worry about it. If the catholic church helps people to be better citizens than im fine with it

If you really think so, I suggest you take it up with the boss, who is Jesus Christ, and the official head of the Catholic Church.

Well if you open your mind you will find almost every church a joke. What you need to do is read the sermon on the mount and contemplate on what chirst stated. If you understand you will know that it is a world of the blind being lead by the blind.

Peace be with you

Source(s): Sermon on the mount

Nope. The catholic church is one of the most poweful institutions on earth - which truly terrifies me.

No but I think you are. What goes on in the religion of other people is none of your business to critiscize.

Gosh, you are on a roll tonight. I take it you are anti-catholic?