Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusic · 1 decade ago

Why do people SCREAM in songs when they could just SING?

My friend will pay me $10 bucks if I can answer it and all I have is:

Sometimes the person can't sing so they just scream because they want to be famous.

Favorite Answer

because they are black and blacks cant sing?

It is a form of music. Next time you sing, try and scream a harmony. I'm being serious. I used to think the same way, but then I tried screaming the lyrics....and I wasn't able to, it gave me a new appreaction of it.

I find screaming lyrics to be quite amazing if its fitted in right.

Ok, it can express emotion basically. When angered, sad, pissed off, upset, confused...people sometimes scream, these musicans take screaming to a whole new level, and scream LYRICS. They scream with both a meaning and a feeling. Instead of just screaming for a feeling.

Or they just scream because they can.

Not sure which.

• këlly

Well, sometimes they just gotta let out a lot of anger, and it sounds really good with the music...and it makes the song more interesting, in my opinion, like if they're singing the whole time, ya know, it's all cool or whatever, but then they scream and it's totally awesome!

Source(s): XD

Why do you want everyone to fit into one value, YOURS!

Everyone has his/her way of getting across his/her idea, song, dream, passion! No one has to fit a given pattern, too, the expression is made relative to the persons feelings not your idea as to what is correct for someone Else's feelings!

Too, what you call screaming may be intense passion to someone else!

Consider all the wars going on today. No one is trying to take over someone Else's country! All the wars are about trying to FORCE some one Else's ideas on another!

But you're right. If they had talent or even good training, they could sing and be understood without the screaming. You should get the money.

Because the song is so emotionally painful that it comes to a point where all you can do is scream to release the pressure that you're under.

Source(s): me, myself, and I

you should be proud of what you have screaming is part of singing in a choir maybe i remember i lost my voice in 8th grade because i couldnt speak i had lost in Math 8S while screaming a t the teacher over the bad grade i got

because a lot of people like how screaming sounds. asking why people scream is like asking why people sing opera or why they play a certain instrument or why they play a certain sport. because they love it. they like how it sounds. thats what their personality is. alot of people find that type of music beautiful in its own way. screaming also lets out a lot of emotion. if something really makes you sad or mad you cant just sing it like la la la la la, u have to scream it to emphasize your emotion. screamo music is really cool because its unique...

because screaming is another way of expressing emotions through a song, there's singing, rapping, screaming, yodeling (lol)

• ok.. this is simple, mostly because I listen to music with LOTS of screaming in it... (please do not judge me about it) they scream because most of there music is letting out anger... and then they just feel like screaming... there isn't a really good answer for it...

Well...some bands actually dont scream...anyone can do tht, but they do all this training crap with their diaphram, and really its hard to do like Arma Angelus once did. That is hard...I dont understand rap either, your just talking!