Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Anyone else feel this site is run by the North Korean's Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il? Everything is sugar coated.

I have been a Yahoo member a long time, but new at Yahoo-Answers. I like the site for the most part, but everything is just so sugar coated and sprinkled with happy dust. There is this uniform eerie wonderland undertone everywhere. I understand there are guidelines to follow, but I feel like a lot is edited out. Maybe I am wrong? Everyone has this wonderful Yahoo conformist behavior. The richness feel of human conversation, character, personality (anger, wit, sarcasm, etc), just simple crap talk seems missing from responses. I undestand some profanity should not be tolerated like in public, but deleting it is wrong. Who actually decides that? Don't get me wrong, I like this site and how we get answers, but I don't like the idea of corporate Yahoo watching over us with an eraser waiting from communist socialist tipsters who hit the report abuse button.

Favorite Answer

Yahoo! is a privately owned company and has the right to have whatever rules they want. If they want to delete something, it is their right. You agreed to the contract when you signed up for Yahoo! You have the right to use whatever service that best suits you. If you can't abide by the rules of one, use another. If none exists, well we live in a capitalist nation, so you have the right to start your own.

Now part of your question seems to come from a misunderstanding on your part. This is an answers forum, and getting answers is the only reason people come here. We are not allowed to have chit-chat as this is not a chit-chat forum. Conversation is not allowed. It is deleted. Take the conversation to a chat room, a message board, or a Yahoo! Group. If no suitable forum exists, you are allowed to start one.

I do not believe Little Kim runs Yahoo, but that's just a hunch.

yahoo takes the profanity out of the text on it's own... i was talking to a friend in yahoo games and he said that he was going shopiping with his girlfriend leasha tommorrow, and it bleaped the whole thing out cuz it said shat. stupid.

i don't feel it is, as there are still some inflammatory questions that get through