Vegan and Vegetarians wearing fake leather: Hypocritical?

I was just curious what other's believe because in my opinion wearing fake leather is still the same as advocating leather. This is in response to people like Pam Anderson, Pink, Stella McCartney and all who wear good quality fake leather but will condemn people for wearing real leather. DO you think it is being hypocritical because some of the fake leather, especially what Stella McCartney has made for her collections look as real as real leather.

Favorite Answer

Yeah they don't seem to have it all up there if you know what I mean.

• Darcy

I think that it may be hypocritical also... well not really... I don't eat animals and I love animals. But I wear leather shoes and and am a vegetarian... but while we are on the subject of hypocritical... I can think of no one that isn't. Funny, I'm sure that there are things that you do that I wouldn't agree with. However, it is unfortunate that you have a problem with the fact that I wear leather shoes. I also find it unfortunate that you have a problem with the leather in my wife's car. I even find it unfortunate that the football I throw, baseball I play with, basketball I shoot, or soccer ball I kick are leather. I find it unfortunate that the car I drive contributes to pollution and burning of fossil fuels. I guess that the only things that I can say are fortunate are that 100% of the energy I use in my house (electricity) is produced by windmills although it is more expensive, something that I bet you can't say, making you hypocritical in your own life by my standards, and the other thing that if fortunate is that I don't care what you think about how I live my life. I am a vegetarian for my own reasons, as I'm sure you are, and there is nothing in that reasoning that even considers you as a splinter's worth of a contributing factor. Have a good day and I hope you find a peace with your calling the kettle black.

• jimmiv

Why even waste your time with this question? You are just judging others over some petty reason.

I have been a vegetarian for over 30 years and could care less whether people wear real leather or fake leather. That seems to be their choice. . Yes, that makes me very old.

No, it's not hypocritical. Animal rights weenies that wear fur are the hypocrites. The vegans and vegetarians usually eat things like chicken and fish. This makes them feel better but the end result is the same: being hypocritical.

Why is it hypocritical? I'm wondering...

They don't want animals to suffer, and they want that leather look. That's about it. Like someone else said, it's like eating a "veggie burger." You're NOT harming the animals, so how is it hypocritical? I mean, I'd like to elaborate, but there's not much more to it!

I myself am a Vegan, and from experience, there are occasions that call for fake leather. Formal events and school(we have uniforms). I can't go to a formal dinner wearing elastic pants and sneakers, can I?

Source(s): Life experience.

I don't know about that. What I can't understand is their blatant disregard for the rights of vegetables. They seem to think that only animals have rights. What about spinach?

lol i've seen a vegan wearing rainbow sandals and no they weren't the hemp kind

no not hypocritical... no different than eating a boca burger.

they want their soy cake and eat it too.