promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

i am on a diet, is 30 minutes on the treadmill every other day good enough?

Update:

eating fruits, almonds, yogurt, stuff like that...power walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes everyother day is that good enough to lose 20 lbs. b4 4 months? personal train once a week at my gym.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it just depends on your body. some people can lose the weight super fast. others... well not so fast. it just depends on your body type. ask your personal trainer what he/she thinks is the best workout for you. until then i think you're doing great!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

You need to go on the Precor trainer for 1 hour 5 days a week.. Eat yogurt and granola for breakfast. Lean cuisine for lunch and light dinner as well. Eat fat free as much as you can. Cut fast food and eating out completely out. Reduced fat as much as possible. Diet drinks and sugar free. I lost 10lbs in a month and a half. All of these diets on TV and diet pills is just a fad. The only real way to lose weight is eating healthly and excersize. Your on the right track. Good luck!!

• 1 decade ago

First off consider it not a diet. See it as a lifestyle change. The 30 Min's is good. Do need to get your heart up for 20 mins, 3 times a week as a minium.

• 1 decade ago

you should be on a new meal plan and not on a diet. however, to start, 30 minutes every other day is fine. then move to 30 minutes a day, then 45 minutes a day, then 60 minutes a day. increase the intensity every now and then to help burn off extra calories. eventually, you can alternate walking/speed walking, speed walking/sprinting in intervals. keep challenging yourself and adding time and intensity. also, try walking at an incline to tone legs and butt. invest in some hand weights to tone your upper body. start light and low reps and work your way up. good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

More treadmill is better than a diet. If you are losing fat to an acceptable level, then yes. Overall, I believe you need more. Try 1 hour 3 times a week.

• 1 decade ago

Login at the USDA website link below:

They have a helpful nutrition/exercise guide that enables one to determine their calorie intake/exertion balance.

It even gives smiley faces to let you know when you are eating a well-balanced diet and getting sufficient exercise!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• 1 decade ago

It depends on 1) if you are walking or running and 2) how many miles you walk/ run.

• 1 decade ago

hi, there is so much more infomation you need to give, what is your diet like? what is your total calorie input and what is your percentage of carbs protein and fat? if you dont have all the pieces of the fat loss puxxle its too hard and you will never get to put them together.

• Wehh Hehhh A Regimine of *** and water for you will work just fine!! and im here to supply the *** wehhh hehhh!!

• Kdude
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It is a great start!

Peace.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.