Could I have mono?

My illness started last Tuesday with chills and fever up to 101.2, followed by feeling generally tired and not well. Since then I've continued to run fevers (99s-100s) even on Tylenol, and I'm sleeping more than usual (example, 10+ hours a night when I normally sleep less than 7-8, plus doing - well, pretty much nothing all day because I don't feel up to it). I don't have the classic swollen glands that I can tell, and my throat's only been mildly sore for a day out of this timeframe, but could I possibly have mono? Just curious; I know I need to see my doctor for actual confirmation or denial; I'm just looking for opinions in the meantime while I wait for her to get back into her office from the holidays. . . .

Thanks so much.

-FB

Favorite Answer

I had mono a couple of years ago...and I felt like I was dying. I was tired all the time, ran high fevers, was achy, had the chills....and could not swallow my throat was so sore. I couldn't eat at all. It was the sickest that I've ever been in my life.

• lynda

you could possibly have it.. I blood test will tell for sure if you do or not. In the meantime till you see the doctor, get lots of rest, take some good vitamins and eat healthy...