Any suggestions on style of black stockings ?

I'm going to a fancy cocktail dinner party in January 2007. What type of black stockings should I wear with my long black evening gown. It has a slit in the back about 2 inches above my knee.

Favorite Answer

For a real dressy effect get the sheerest black you can find. Seams would be appropriate too if you can pull it off, but they look much better with the sheerest of stockings. I prefer stockings to pantyhose, because they are more sheer, but if you can find really sheer pantyhose the will be fine. Try stockingstore.com, they have a huge collection of sheer stockings with and without seams.

Source(s): www.stockingstore.com

I would go with the sheerest black nylons you can find. stockingstore.com has tons of them. You can go with a seam or seamless, but I would wear either real stockings with a facy top, or sheer to waist pantyhose because of the slit. There is nothing uglier than the top of pantyhose showing, however top of a very fancy stocking can be quite aluring.

Source(s): www.stockingstore.com

it depends on ur age and style of dress, print , etc but generally speaking i would go with a sheer black stocking or a sheer black stocking w/ line going down the back i know they sell them at Lord & Taylor but you can probably find them at any place that has a nice selection of stockings ie: better dept stores , boutiques .tip: purchase 2 pairs , sheer tends to snag easier so if u ruin the first pair while putting on, u have ur back up and if u don't u can always return the the pair not worn

Wear sheer black ones with seams and a garter belt. I wore them to my prom with a retro black dress and they were fantastic. Everyone asked me where i got the great "pantyhose", and when I told them they were stockings not pantyhose,they were really impressed.