how can I get my ten month old to take his bottle?

my son is ten months old and been bottle fed from two weeks old. he has just recently started to reject his bottle.what should I do?

Favorite Answer

I agree you might want to go ahead and start offering sippy cups - You might also want to check and see if he's teething, if he's pulling at his ears, runny nose maybe? He might be getting a cold or something .. He may also have a sore throat that hurts when he sucks on the bottle.

None-the-less this would be a great time to try out a sippy, while he's rejecting the bottle, it might make it easier when the time comes to transition! Good luck!

Source(s): Mom of 2 young children :)

Thow out all the bottles! It's easy to wean a baby from the bottle when they are ready... take this as your sign that he's ready. If he doesn't want a bottle, he might not want a sippy either. There is no reason to force another type of nipple on him! Let him get drinks out of regular cups. You could try a straw if cups are too difficult, but I totally don't agree with sippy cups. I've seen five-year-olds refuse regular cups for sippy cups! If he's walking or cruising, he should be able to drink from a regular cup like a regular person. Add plenty of watery foods to his diet: fresh fruit and veggies, froxen juice pops etc. Feel lucky that you have it so easy :-)

Source(s): My son began to refuse bottles and has been drinking from a regular, no-straw or sippy, cup since 11 months.

That is good. Just start giving him drinks in a sippy cup. If he does not want the bottle, take advantage of it. Now, to be a good parent, we sometimes must listen to our babies cry when breaking them of the bottle; night is the worst. You will have a couple of sleepless nights but your child and you will be happier getting bottle trained. He does not need a bottle.

Both of my kids were off the bottle by ten months. Give him a sippie cup.

Try a sippy cup, a drink bottle with a straw or even a regular cup.

Rejoice! Switch him to a sippy cup and be glad you don't have to struggle with him giving up the bottle!

• Nette

Try a sippie cup

Stop giving him a bottle and switch to a toddler cup. He may be telling you he is soo over the bottle...

maybe its time for the next stage The sippy cup

• Jess H

Will he take a sippy cup?