How can I get my printer/scanner to scan a document and not look at scan as an image?

I want to scan a document to fill it in but my scanner seems to only think it's a picture, Which program do I use? I tried to works and word and it wouldn't accept the file. It said it was a jpeg file.

Favorite Answer

you can use an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software such as ABBYY FineReader. These software recognizes the image into test and you can save into any suitable format.

If u want to go for a free then try out SimpleOCR.

I have tried out the trial version of ABBYY FineReader and it just works fine.

Scan it as text use the soft ware that came with the scanner.