sjp asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 decade ago

Does anyone have a way of.....?

Does anyone have a way of curing a ear infection without going to the doctor??? like a home remedy or something?

Happy New Year

Favorite Answer

Sure.

Go to the doctor for medication to treat your current ear infection.

After you have gotten over this bout of ear infection; get some ginger capsules and take ginger every day as a preventative.

In 1984 I moved from Tennessee back to Kentucky and I had one constant ear infection after another for three months.

I was going through my favorite herb book "The Herbalist" by Meyer Books, and I found that ginger acted to fight infection and inflamation; so I bought ginger capsules, and took them every day as a preventative, and never had ear infection again in the 12 years I lived there.

Well, lol......... Most people in here said what I was going to say!! Iodized salt ONLY!! Don't use just any salt!! SEA SALT works the best! And garlic is good for any infection. But the only one not mentioned was Oregano Oil. This may sound unusual. But I honestly think that Oregano oil saved my life! In fact, that what got me using alternative medicine. I had a sinus infection that spread outside of my sinuses and caused an infection in pretty much my entire body! Now I will not criticize doctors! Because they save lives all the time! But I was given an antibiotic. It was effective for a short time but the infection kept returning. So I tried the Oregano Oil. I hated the taste and how it gave me diarreha, But it was definately worth it! My body is healthier now than it ever was!!!!!!!! But you have to make sure you get the right stuff!! Many companies dillute their product to the point to where the oil doesn't do what it should! I use the "NOW" brand liquid and capsules. You can research it for yourself! Google it!

They have some over the counter ear drops that they sell at Wal-Mart, but I think those are just for the pain caused from an ear infection.

A little word of advice. Chronic untreated ear infections cause hearing loss and the infection can actually travel to different parts of your body. And if you have increased fluid in your ear...it gradually builds up and sooner or later the pressure will get so great that it will rupture your eardrum to release itself.

It would cost less in the long run to go to the doctor now....

Don't mess with an ear infection I've seen my share of horror stories when this problem isn't addressed properly and timely. Go to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor SAP!

Source(s): My mother was no fool.. With ten children she didn't need to get a nursing degree to earn her title, but she did that too.

I agree with Cool Guy. My mother use to warm sweet oil just a little and put a couple of drops in our ears when we had an ear infection. You have to be careful and not get the oil hot. Just barely warm it.

Hydrogen Peroxide. My mom used it when I was little. It takes out the infection. Or if the problem is drainage as in swimmer's ear, then use isopropyl alcohol. That will remove the liquid in the ears.

• Flushing your ear every couple of hours with hydrogen peroxide sometimes helps. But I'd see a doctor if it's an ear infection.

Apple cider vinegar has some antibiotic properties. But a long term infection in your ear can make you deaf, so if it doesn't work, go to a doctor. Also, try debrox if you have excess ear wax, then the apple cider vinegar.

Ear infection, no problem. Chop up garlic and put it in a few ounces of water. Strain off the garlic and use the water in your ear. The water will have garlic oil in it which will penetrate the skin and kill the infection.

I've tried a few drops of baby oil.. it seemed to have worked.... but make sure it's warm, but not hot.