?
Lv 7
? asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 1 decade ago

Should Dick Clark retire from doing future New Year's Rockin Eve's?

It actually breaks my heart hearing him speak after his stroke a couple of years ago. I know Ryan Seacrest is basically running the majority of the show, but should the 2007 broadcast be his last?

Update:

Actually...the last sentence should read "should the 2007 broadcast be Dick Clark's last". How it was written made it seem like I was suggesting Ryan Seacrest.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, it's hard hearing him not be able to speak correctly. He is the eternal teenager. But, if he feels comfortable doing it, more power to him. Some people would be too embarrassed to go out in public after a stroke. I admire him for going on like nothing happened. Just because his speech is impaired, it doesn't mean that his mind isn't sharp as can be. I hope he's able to be our host for at least the next 10 years.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

As much as I have enjoyed years & years of Dick Clark on New Years Eve, I believe it is time for him to retire his posititon.

He looks uncomfortable and appears to be struggling to talk as well as he does (which is not very understandable).

I would prefer to keep my memories of Mr Clark as vital and upbeat. God Bless him.

• 1 decade ago

I hate that his stroke has done the things to him that it has, but it wouldn't be Dick Clark's NewYear's Rockin Eve wihtout him. I think as long as he's able to he should keep doing it.

• 1 decade ago

although i do admit it is awkward to watch him on tv nowadays, it's his show and his legacy and i don't think it would be new years without dick clark. i think as long as he is in good health, he should always be a part of new years!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

DAMN.... I actually forgot to tune in to check out whether he would be able to talk!! The last time I watched I couldn't hear a thing he said.

• 1 decade ago

No never!!! New years isn't the same with out dick!

• 1 decade ago

I didn't see it.

I always enjoyed seeing him though.

I guess if he is that bad of condition, I am glad I missed it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Go Dick GO!!

• Boop
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

it breaks my heart too. i think if he wants to do it, he should be allowed to

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i think he should...it was depressing 2 watch this year

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.