If all takes is one person to set a trend, then why can't people in the fashion industry....?

Use NORMAL sized women to model their clothes instead of the tall, thin, annorexic ones they use now. If one designer did it and got positive media attention for it, then wouldn't others follow? If such thin , sometimes DISGUSTINGLY so women weren't the ideal of beautiful then maybe women would see that in real life it's ok to not be a friggin quadruple zero.....any thoughts?

duffy_dev....

lol my clothes look fine on me and I'm like...only 5'7" and by no means thin...and hey, who cares if you're a lil on the chubby side? Be proud of who you are!

Favorite Answer

To be honest, it takes more than ONE person to set a trend unless that person is like an icon or something. Think about: almost all fashion industries put out thin, tall women. So, if most of them are doing it, what makes you think people will change just because they see maybe ONE putting out "plus sized women"? I doubt things would change much. Great question, I do understand what you mean.

I agree with you. I'm a size 12, which I think is average, but I doubt any of the models are. I know there are some people who are born naturally really thin and small, but I think the majority of us are not. I'd hope if someone had a fashion show with normal sized women, the media would give it a lot of positive attention, especially since eating disorders are such a problem.

Because I reckon clothes only look good to thin tall women rite???

that's why I hate my body now.. I'm chubby.. n clothes don't look good on me...