Is having a sense of humor a violation of community guidelines?

Update:

Aw, man. 3 a day? Tell me you are not serious. Boy, that's rough. I feel better now.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Trolls and filters do not have a sense of humor.

It may be Nazis 'Trolls' picking on you, or the lousy Nazi filter (Yahoo! apologizes for the filter). Yahoo! encourages us to report any possible abuse of the reporting option by Nazi Trolls.

You can appeal and get your 10pnts back, but not your question.

If you don't appeal, it's an automatic guilty plea. Too many or very bad violations result in the deletion of your account and everything connected.

I'm not sure how many violations or how bad they have to be before they delete our accounts, only the ones that have lost theirs know for sure and they are not able to tell us.

Don't take it personal, we all feel shafted after getting a violation. It's not personal, it's a soulless 'Filter Program', a program that flags a word, a series of words or phrases, then sends you an automatic violation (Yahoo! apologizes for this imperfect filter).

Most of us have gotten these violations, some of us more than others (Yes, we know who we are), but eventually everyone will get one, or more.

To Appeal>

>Go to Yahoo! Answers

>Click on the 'Forum' link in the upper right (under 'Web Search', small blue letters)

>Click the thread 'Wrongful Violations and Suspensions' (under 'Featured Topics')

>Read Katie's letter

>Click the blue 'Reply' button (lower left, bottom of Katie's post)

>Post your appeal

If you feel you have to make amends for your violation, then you must throw yourself on your sword to appease the Yahoo! Yamster Gods.

Otherwise, carry on, and at least appear to be having fun.

Hark! I hear the Yamster patrol coming now. The Yamster Sargent is yelling "ALL BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE, UNTIL MORAL IMPROVES". Quick, everybody smile and look happy.

Yahoo! Answers Community Guidelines http://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_...

Yahoo! Terms of Service (TOS)

http://info.yahoo.com/legal/us/yahoo/uto...

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Having a sense of humour is not a violation but using senseless humour can be in violation of the guidelines. Be sure to make jokes that are not sexist, racist, slack, prejudice, nasty, rude, lewd, or insensitive....leaves lots of room for clean humour (yes there is such a thing)!!!

• 1 decade ago

No. But making crude jokes about people's race or religion is not having a sense of humor. It is pretending to humor with a cruel leer.

In fact, it is not just race or religion. Some people say cruel things about all sorts of others, including people with handicaps, people who are too skinny or too fat, people with enough more money to incite envy, etc. Even the "dumb blond" jokes are cruel, really.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i got a violation 2.

dont like humor here

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Certainly not.

However every one does have that sense or the maturity so they do not understand us. They feel offended and we are being treated as unsocial animals.

We should be more careful about the target audience while expressing our views with humor.

• 1 decade ago

Yahoo! is heavily against humor. It is WAAAAAAAAAAY out of control.

• DeeDee
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Obviously!!!

it was 2 minutes into the New Year and my Happy New Year question was removed..

TWICE!!

thye need to lighten up i say...

Happiness is the key to a good world!!

• 1 decade ago

No, and lucky for you, neither is sarcasm. See ya next year!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yup, that's why I get about 3 violations a day...

~~~~~

yea, its true, but I have fun anyways....

• 1 decade ago

No soup for you. Next!!

Yeah, They're a bunch of Soup Nazi... if you ask me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.