Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Do u have an unsaved loved one?

my father i believe is unsaved he never prays or speaks about god or reads the bible or attends church i do all of the above im tryin to change him but i dont think i can :(

• Tim 47
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I think all of them are unsaved!

I believe that thru prayer and self-sacrifices you can bring a loved one to a conversion even if it is at the end of their life. Remember the good thief? I always ask people to pray for my family and my mother has had many prayers answered especially when the rosary is said. You may not understand the power of it but their are many testimonials to its power.

• Esther

Of course you can't. Back off and pray for him. Nagging a person will not change them. Only God can transform a heart, and the spiritual realm is where the battle for your father's soul is being fought. We access that realm through prayer, not through trying to "convince" anyone of anything. I prayed for my non-believing father for ten years. Four days before he passed away, at age 93, he confessed Christ as savior. Prayer is more powerful than you can ever imagine. Don't ever give up; God is faithful.

Yes, I have lots of loved ones that are unsaved!! Some people you just can't change, but I keep trying!!!

Buy him the original Gospel (the Gospel of the Nazirenes) The original New testament before King Constantine misconstrued everything. It actually makes all sense. The reason why why their are so many Christian religions is because tehy don't have the original teachings of Christ. go to gospelofthenazirenes. He is bound to believe and become truly saved.

"Go and sin no more"

• Sheryl

My dad is the same. I've spent many nights praying for him to become a believer, but he hasn't come to Christ yet.

All you can do is pray and lead by example. Let God do the rest.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

No you can't. God has to change him just as God changed you. All you can do is pray for him - but that is a very powerful thing, and can truly bring miracles. I will say a prayer for him too.

.

You can only do what you can do. You can't force someone to change. Don't push him too hard. Just love your dad and pray about it.

my sister is an agnostic. she doesn't know what she believes, and i am fine with that. there is no way for you to change your dad, just accept and love him the way he is. he will come to god on his own terms.

• eri

Don't waste your time. He's obviously not interested. Very few people in my family are religious, and we're perfectly happy.