CraziED asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 1 decade ago

Can I use tanning oil with lotion when swimming?

I'm very fair, tans rather slowly, but do not burn easily (I'm Asian).

I've been using the Banana Boat Dark Tanning Lotion SPF 4 during swimming, and have developed a light tan. However, I'm intrigued by Banana Boat's Dark Tanning Oil. It does not contain any sunscreen so the Dark Tanning Lotion's SPF 4 comes in. My question is: a) Does the Oil really help with getting a darker tan? b) Can I use it together with the tanning lotion when swimming? c) How should I apply it? Lotion first followed by oil or vice versa? d) Is the oil waterproof as I'll be swimming with the oil on my body throughout my tanning session? (I appreciate a point-by-point answer so that I'm certain your answer meets my question.) Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

The tanning oil is not used in the water as it washes off. The Dark tanning lotion with SPF 4 blocks the UV rays for a period of time,but its effectivness fades and most be reapplied after swimming.

You need to read the directions on the containers before using and there may be a toll free number or website for more info.or to ask this question.

Dude, don't make your life too complicated. Your predicament is quite simple.

Use your lotion when you swim. And use your oil when you sunbathe. If you are really opting to have a real nice golden tan, you sunbathe for at least 30 minutes (make sure you do it before 10am or after 3pm).

Suncsreen below SPF15 usually doesn't do any help. It's just a marketing bruhaha. You'll get darker, but no burned skin. Nice tan without the pain, get it?

Use your oil on ordinary days as well. It enhances your tan making it golden and glowing.

Source(s): I'm an Asian with a golden tan all year round.

1)The tanning oil will make the tan darker.

2)I'd probably not use the lotion with it.

3)If you do it doesnt matter the order you put it on. It just depends on the color you want your tan.

!Yes, in some cases you can either use it then when u get out reaply or you can just find something that is water resistant which is always better to recoat anyways but the best way to tan is stay out of the water which might not be how you want to do it so just read the bottel cafuly until u see what you want.

sure if you want a rash..hahaha