Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 decade ago

fraternal twins-boy/girl?

i am a fraternal twin, i am the girl. my fraternal twin brother is handicapped. my older brother who is 7 years older than us is handicapped as well, or autistic/fragile-x syndrome. can anyone explain why i came out normal and my fraternal twin not? he recently passed away as well from an unexplained death so far. im wondering are we so much alike or whatnot to develop the same things?

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry for your loss. It sounds like to me that the handicap is more prevalent on the male side of your family and not the female side. If he had fragile-x syndrome, that's something a person is born with; it doesn't develop--you can't catch it obviously. However, you may have the gene in you to pass one with someone else so I would look into genetic testing. According to the National Fragile-X Foundation, it is an inherited process so someone could be a carrier & not have any symptoms. Females can also be affected by the Fragile-X gene but it's more prevalent in males.

Again, I am very sorry for your loss--God Bless you and your family!

Source(s): The National Fragile-X Foundation

I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I lost my fraternal twin brother when I was a lot younger.

One thing is is that you and your twin brother don't share 100% similar genetics. At most 50%. Same with your older brother, that you don't share 100% genetic make up and possible even less than you do with your twin. Another thing is it it might be sex linked. Since your brothers have one X and one Y anything on an X chromosome will show up. Unlike females who have 2 X chromosomes anything X linked will only show up if it's dominate or both X genes have it present.

Fraternal twins are 2 diverse eggs that purely occurred to be released on the same time. it somewhat is to declare, they at the instant are not related. they have purely as a lot probability of being a boy and a woman as conventional siblings do.

i don't know the answer to your question and god i wish i could. but i will tell you this god has work for you to do here on earth. thank god your normal.

I'll pray for you.

sorry for your loss, wish i knew