Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What are your favorite Casserole receipes?

I got a new casserole dish for Christmas and I'm looking for good receipes. Any family favorites? Thanks

• MB
    Favorite Answer

Usually the dish is made with ground lamb, greek cheese etc., but this is the quick version.

Pastitsio

8-10 servings

8 ounces ziti pasta, cooked and drained

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

2 (3 ounce) packages shredded parmesan cheese, divided

1 1/2 lbs ground round

1 medium onion, diced

2 garlic cloves, minced

2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce

1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided

1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon pepper

1/2 cup butter or margarine

2/3 cup all-purpose flour

4 cups milk

2 large eggs

Toss pasta with 3 tablespoons butter and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese; set aside.

In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground round, onion, and garlic; stirring to crumble meat; cook until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, cinnamon, and pepper.

In a heavy saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter over low heat. Whisk in flour. Cook and whisk constantly for 1 minute. Whisk in milk; cook and whisk constantly over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; remove from heat.

In a separate bowl, whisk eggs until thick and pale. Whisk about 1/4 milk mixture into eggs; add to remaining milk mixture, whisking constantly. To assemble: spoon pasta mixture into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.

Spoon beef mixture over pasta. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Top with cream sauce. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until golden.

I like to make a simple casserole. I use small and flat noodles. First I cook them in the water. I cook about a pound of ground beef in a pan. I leave the grease in the pan. Before the ground beef is finished, I add sliced onions and let them cook a bit. When the noodles are done, I drain them and add them to the pan and break in about 4 eggs and stir everything, then I add beans to the pan - about 4 cans of baked beans or pork and beans. I let everything heat up and put it into a large glass baking dish. Next I open a bag or doritos or totilla chips and crunch them with my hand. Stir everything together. Put it in the oven at about 375 for maybe 15 minutes. Added touch is cold sour creme when it comes out.

Cottage Pie

1 lb ground beef

1 pack onion soup/dip mix or 1 medium onion chopped and 1 tsp beef bouillon

1/2 C water

1 lb bag mixed vegetables, frozen or whatever leftover veggies you have in fridge

2 C mashed potatoes, fresh, leftover or, if you must, from potato flakes

1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Brown beef and pour off excess fat. Add water and onion soup mix and simmer until onions are reconstituted. Meanwhile cook your veggies until just underdone, or lightly reheat leftover veggies. When the beef mixture is done, strain soup from beef and retain. Put beef in the bottom of your casserole dish. Then layer your veggies. Pour retained onion soup over veggies, so onions mix with veggies and soup goes back into ground beef. Spoon and smooth hot mashed potatoes over top, or slice cold mashed potatoes and lay on top of veggies, leaving a hole in the center for venting. Bake 350F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and top with cheese. Bake for an additional 10 minutes. If the cheese hasn't browned, broil for 1-2 minutes.

Shepherd's Pie

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups cooked chopped meat

1 tablespoon finely chopped onion

2 cups gravy

salt and pepper

2 cups mashed potato, prepared with milk and seasonings as desired

salt and pepper

1/8 teaspoon paprika

1 tablespoon butter

PREPARATION:

Combine meat, gravy, and chopped onion; season with salt and pepper to taste. Line the bottom of a buttered baking dish with a layer of half of the seasoned mashed potatoes. Add meat mixture then cover with remaining mashed potatoes.

Or, meat and gravy can be put in the baking dish first then topped with all of the mashed potatoes. Dot mashed potato topping with butter, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and paprika, then bake for about 30 minutes at 400°, or until potato topping is browned and the Shepherd's pie is thoroughly heated.

Get a rotisserie chicken and pull the beef off the bone. Make a field of stovetop stuffing in accordance to the guidelines. put in a Pam sprayed casserole dish. placed the chicken on the precise. combination at the same time a can of cream of mushroom or celery soup with 0.5 a cup of bitter cream. Pour over chicken. Bake at 350 for roughly 0.5 an hour.

hmmm - only one I really make is the following:

-Browned hamburger

-Elbow macaroni or spiral macaroni - the three differnt flavors one is best

-tomato sauce or spagetti sauce- lots of it

-cheddar cheese or mozarella cheese

-parmesian cheese

Mix the cooked meat, cooked noodles, sauce and parmesian cheese together, spread it in a rectangle baking pan and sprinkle shredded cheese of your choice on it.

I've also added italian herbs into the mix, and garlic, depending on what I want to do.

I didn't specify amounts, because that's up to how much you want to make and individual tatses - some peoplelike it with more sauce, some like it drier.

Tuna Noodle with cheddar cheese on top