Do you get depressed at Holiday Parties because.....?

....you're gay and not out of the closet? I mean, I get tired of standing around watching my straight friends make out with their dates and I'm just standing there like a loser! I tend not to go to holiday parties anymore because they depress me. That is why I'm home alone on New Years. Anyone else feel that way? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

i can understand. no one know's about me, or at least hope they don't. but, I get sad that I can't talk about what girl I think is cute when the other ladies in the office are saying what guys they think are cute. that's why i come on here. but I hear ya dude

I used to get depressed at Holiday Parties because I'm always the one without a girl friend. Why not you find some fag hags who'll agree to cover for you and pretend to be your girl? I know that it's not you, but I've tried it and it works. If you live in a place where being gay is taboo and coming out is not an option, you still can become popular. All you need is a fake girl friend. What you do behind close doors they'll never know. After all, the truth is what they want it to be.

• Jordan

Umm no, but I guess I would if I wasn't out and liked to go to parties. Neither is the case for me. If the straight people who are making you feel uncomfortable at parties are really your "friends", would it be possible for you to come out to them? Then you could bring your own dates to parties and have more fun.

...Or (and read this part only if you have a devious streak like I do)...

Don't come out of the closet. Or come out, but only to the few people you are comfortable telling. Find a department store, a beauty supply store, and an adult store. Buy all the supplies you need to dress your date of choice up as a member of your opposite sex. Pick your date up two or three hours before party time and give him a good "makeover". Hmmm... maybe you should practice a few times before the actual party, just to make sure it doesn't look funky. Then go to the party as a straight couple, have fun, and fool them all! (Come up with a good exit excuse in case you need to leave in a hurry!)

Happy New Year!

I used to get depressed about the situation you describe, before I came out. Do not isolate yourself socially though. Instead, take control of your life. Come out of the closet, as many, many others have done. It was difficult, but it was worth it, and there is no way I would go back!

i'm not gay but....why don't you come on out of the closet and join the party!

no i dont feel that way.. i just enjoy the presence of my friends.. im happy to see them with their significant others and having fun..

and besides, i dont go to parties to make out.. lol

no, i don't ever feel that way... come out of the closet, then maybe u will stop feeling that way.... don't be ashamed...

Source(s): Kadija S