Be a friend to someone and loose another?

Should someone befriend someone who is a little odd if it could cause the person to loose another friend?

Now what if the odd person has a crush on the other friend and that's part of the reason she's insane?

Favorite Answer

Interesting...and confusing. I dont know how to answer this question but I have a little poetic theory:

Make new friends

But keep the old

One is silver

And the other gold

If you're saying that you befriending someone who is viewed as "odd" is going to cause your other friend to terminate your friendship, then I think I'd have to say that your friend who doesn't seem to want to accept the "odd" person is not a true friend and isn't worth it.

I can only assume that you're the type of person that accepts people however they are, given that you're saying that you want to be friends with someone that's off the beaten path. Your other so-called friend doesn't appear to be on the same page.

I say befriend this person and the hell with the other one.

Well if you want to be friends with someone that's 'a little odd', and your friend doesn't feel you should hang with them, then maybe you should confront your friend who is against it. It's perfectly alright - as a matter of fact, I recommend - having more than one friend, even more than one best friend. And most importantly, YOU choose who your friends are, not someone else. If your friend chooses to try and stop you having this friend, or even stopping having you as a friend entirely, then I say you should just say alright, and if that's how your friend feels, you can either stick with your current friend or your new friend, but you have to ask yourself, if your friend reprimands the friendship of one other friend of yours, who's to say they won't do it again? I found myself in a situation similar to yours, and my friends wouldn't let us sit at their lunch table anymore. I said, fine, and sat at another table with my new friend, and after a few days they decided to come over and sit with us. So just do what you feel is right, whichever you choose, and it'll work out, just don't be afraid to try something new.

I personally love odd, because they are unique and there are so many people that are the perfection police, and always trying to get you fixed and repaired even if you do not want it, I would celebrate the fact that i speak my mind, that what I know is , what i know. I am not against change, but only if the person desires change, not to please or obey others

it depends on the character of the frnd u are about to lose.if that frnd is a nice person and cares a lot abt u u mustnt dare desert them but if that friend is not loyal to u and doesnt care abt u then u must desert her to get another frnd even tthough she's a bit odd

If the other person is truely your friend they shouldn't care who your other friends are. And would continue to be your friend no matter what.

its never good to loose a friend you can make a friend but you don't have to loose one either, i say, once a friend always a friend.

Never, if they are odd they you/they should accept them for them! just put yourself in their place!

--the choice is yours...