Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

Where is the Moral Compass?

Does anyone else find it wrong that Saddam Hussein's hanging can be found on YouTube? I know he was a horrible person, but jeez....

So much for the government wanting to give him a respectable death....of course it would be put on YouTube?

What are your thoughts on this?

and just so we know, I'm not blaming the government for this. I'm just noting the irony.

I didn't go and run out to look for the hanging. I happened to be on YouTube because I was bored, and not knowing what video to watch, i clicked on the videos tab on the top, and selected most viewed under the browse section. It just so happens that the whole world wanted to see this execution.

I haven't watched it, and will never watch it.

Ok, I'm not saying our government killed him...I was saying that our government wanted a respectable death (I think I phrased it wrong in the first place)

Favorite Answer

YouTube has a failing moral compass for allowing such a posting, as well as the individual who managed to shoot the video and post it. But the Iraqi Government that scentenced him to death was acting in the interest of justice, and the US government had nothing to do with it. While we are at it, the reason YouTube was willing to post the video is because so many people are willing to watch it. SO the declining morality of society as a whole is really to blame.

I am not surprised, However, it was not our country that executed him. And it was not our country that photographed and taped the hanging. It is quite barbaric, and I would not want to view it either. Yes, he did terrible things and yes he was a terrible human being. However, I do not wish to see him taking his last breath. However, there are obviously a great many people who have and will view it. Sad very sad. God bless****

People are hardened. Their consciences (aka moral compasses) are calloused and scarred. What used to be painful to them now is deadened by repeated exposure to such things.

2 Timothy 3:1-5: "But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."

I didn't realize it was on YouTube but I will be sure to skip watching it!! That's horrible! I think it's wrong... It doesn't matter how cruel he was, witnessing someone die (by hanging or any other means) is just awful!

It's not the governments fault that he's on youtube. I thought it was Iraqi people that did it. But anyway, it's the people who recorded it and put it up who should have to answer for that. And yes, I do find it tasteless.

As if YouTube ever claimed to have any sort of moral compass.

I think it's all over because without it, people would be convinced he's still alive. I was going to watch it, but I changed my mind.

The moral compass for many is either broken or hocked

Watching it might help some feel a sense of closure.

I think my moral compass fell out of my @zz when I learned to loosen up!