Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Is there a way to unsecure WMV files?

I've got a ton of WMV files that I can't burn or use in my iPod. Please help!!

Woops, I meant WMA files...

Favorite Answer

You're question isn't quite clear. If you mean to bypass the "protection" (DRM) on a Windows Media file, there is no way to do so that I am aware of. If you mean to transcode (convert) a WMV file to a format your iPod can play, I recommend trying VideoLAN Client (http://videolan.org/ ). If you can playback the file in that program, you can transcode it to an MPEG-4 file that your iPod will play. Unfortunately, so transcoding will inevitably loose you a lot of quality unless your source files are quite good (significantly larger than the 320x240 iPod screen, or at a high bitrate).

=== Edit ===

Oh, WMA? If you really do mean "unsecure," I don't think that you can. iTunes can convert unprotected ("protected" is the term Microsoft uses) files, but you probably already knew that.

BTW, if you are in the U.S. doing so (or telling someone else how) is illegal under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act; if I knew, I couldn't tell you anyway. You probably should ask this question on a non-U.S. hosted forum.

Burn wmv report to a dvd which may well be performed nicely on a dvd participant, extremely difficulty-free, you may shop on with me, first you will desire to have a dvd burner stress(hardware) on your laptop, maximum dvd burner drives have a text fabric "DVD RW" on stress panel, you will desire to verify your laptop to validate there's an attractive dvd burner stress on your laptop. then you definately basically would desire to apply an attractive utility to transform and burn your WMV report to video DVD which would be performed nicely on DVD gamers, you may try RZ DVD writer, it may convert any video information to video DVD and burn to any dvd disc(DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, and so on), difficulty-free to apply, insert a dvd disc into your laptop dvd burner stress, run RZ DVD writer, drag and drop your WMV report into the utility, finally press start up button, you will get a sturdy video DVD out of your WMV report, and you'd be able to play the blistered video DVD nicely on your DVD participant. you may google or yahoo seek RZ DVD writer and acquire it, desire those infos would help.