can eating oranges make you get better from being sick?

cuz i have eaten a LOT of oranges and mom said that its making me better.

Favorite Answer

yes, absolutely!

Oranges are high in Vitamin C, which will boost your immune system, and help you get better!

You can also buy Vitamin C capsules from a grocery store, and that will help even more than oranges.

Also, eating oranges frequently (everyday, is best) will help keep you from getting sick.

Hope I was your best answer, and I hope helped and happy new year!

Oranges (and all citrus fruits--lemons, for example) are high in vitamin C, which gives the immune system a natural boost. Because the immune system helps fight off sickness, vitamin C does help fight off sickness to an extent. Taking vitamin C on a regular basis even when your not sick is a good idea, though; it helps fortify your immune system so that you're ready when you do get sick. I believe zinc also helps with immune system functions.

First, the ascorbic acid in citrus does slow down the intestines and help cure diarrhea. Second, the vitamin C is very good for strengthening the cell walls, which makes them more able to withstand diseases.

On those two levels, the oranges would be helping you heal.

Well I guess so... It's working for you isn't it? They do tell you to drink lots of orange juice when youre sick rite? I think it's all the stuff in the orange (or juice) that matters. Just as long as it's working.

I think it helped me once- at least, I didn't feel as bad.

So the answer here is probably yes.

Well, oranges are high in Vitamin C, which is important to your immune system. But there are other ways to get Vitamin C if you are growing bored with all those oranges.

Yes, you are infusing your body with natural vitamin C from eating the oranges.

I take a lot of vitamin C when I have symptoms of a cold and it seems like my cold is shorter and I don't feel as bad. I hope you have a great 2007!!

• sapboi

Yeah keep eating lots and lots of um cause I got stocks in Sunkist!!!

Yes, the vitamin C will help boost your immune system.

~~~Yes,,,,oranges are loaded with Vitiman C,,,,,will help kill off those pesky germs. Viteman C is a cell rebuilder.......