Hello..does anyone else out there dislike New Years Eve as much as I do?

Hi..not that I am depressed, or feeling lonely, but for the past few years there has been something about this day that I really do not like! I don't know if it is post holiday letdown, looking at a cold winter ahead,or just outgrowing getting drunk,etc...I am just curious if anyone else feels like me. P.S. Less then 10 years ago, I celebrated in Times Square for 3 yrs in a row..so I am not a total Scrooge! haha

Favorite Answer

Im sorry that you feel down... It passes eventually.

I personally don't see the point in it... I believe like the Asians do that you are supposed to use this time to heal hurts, repair friendships and family relations and make good on promises and that sort of thing...

I hate fire works and every redneck and their mother is out right now in the streets like animals blowing off firecrackers, drinking and setting off bottle rockets... I hate that part of it...

I hope that this new year brings you some lasting happiness! I really do!

I don't care for New Years either. I used to go to parties but I got tired of the drinking. I prefer to spend it at home, usually by myself. It sounds sad, but I always ended up depressed the day after the celebrations, so I'm better off not dealing with it at all. Take care - and Happy New Year!

I am watching TV and waiting for all my kids and my husband(at work) to call(everybody calls and wakes me up) and show their love.

Sometimes my husband and I go out and dance and he drinks but I drive home and the place we go is 4 blocks away.

We have never been into the whole thing, even when I was younger and single I wasn't into it. I just think its another day and as long as me, my husband, and all my kids and grandkids make it to the New Year of every year I am happy.

I hope you have a happy year not just a Happy New Year!

• george

I don't dislike New Year's Eve -- I'm just indifferent to it. To me New Year's Day is just a day on the calendar to conveniently mark the start of a new year, to "count time". What is there to get all fired up about?

Yesterday (New Year's Eve), as midnight approached, I was sound asleep in my cosy bed. This morning (New Year's Day) I went for my usual 4 km. walk at 5.30 a.m.

N.B. I'm on the other side of the International Dateline.

I don't enjoy it as much anymore, but I think you dislike it more than I do..As we get older we have already done it all, it's hard to have more fun than we had before,it's harder to beat the days we use to run a muck and not care about the consequenses. I have had some great ones in the past! I I think we may have matured slightly.

• Holly

I feel the same way. There are two "acceptable" ways to spend it.

a) Getting drunk out of your mind.

b) With a loved one.

I don't drink, and my loved one and I are on the fritz--plus he's at work. That doesn't leave much for me. I don't like the feeling of all this pressure that I'm just supposed to have all this great exuberant feeling. It's just not there, and I'm not gonna force it.

properly im in simple terms gonna have my final tub for the three hundred and sixty 5 days . cool down too some television then sparkling off as much as my mattress and enable the next day are available in as a classic day ... yet chuffed New 3 hundred and sixty 5 days too you Mabel B i'm hoping 2013 brings you lots exhilaration and happiness xx

I know exactly how you feel. I had 3 party invites tonight but I chose to stay home. New years is just another day to me and I just was over the whole thing.

Yeah I hate New years and Christmas too. I'm just tired of the same hoopla that seems to come every 6 months. I would like to see them have a spiritual focus (and I don't mean religeous) instead of a commercial tone.And I don't think it is "humbug disorder", I think it's "I've done that, whats next?" in our own collective evolution.... Anyway....

I feel the same way....it no longer appeals to me going to a bar where everyone is sloppy drunk ...........then you have to worry driving home that you will get a DUI......call me boring but i would rather hang on the couch and watch dick clark with my cat!!!