Ear piercing?

I already have 3 piercings in my ear. Im trying to get one at top. I heard it hurts really bad, is it all that bad?

Favorite Answer

Getting your cartiledge pierced is a lot more painful then the ear lobes and can get infected a lot easier. if you can bare the second of pain and take good care of your new earring then i say GO FOR IT!!!!!

no it doesnt hurt that bad. The only thing is that it takes a long time to heal. I have the top of my left ear pierced twice and it seems like it took about a year to actually heal. Be patient.

I had two done right next to each other there, it didn't hurt to get done, but it did hurt after for quite a while. It was tender for about a year. Do not get it done on the side you sleep on! It was longer term much more painful than my nose piercing.

I have one in my left ear and it was sore of a few weeks-like my other piercings. It was a bit more sore laying on it for a few more weeks. Best piercing thing I have gotten to this point.

• Sharyn

It's not that bad. It requires more care than a normal piercing but you won't run screaming from the room.

Source(s): Pierced and tatted from brow to places unknown

yes!! the top of the ear can hurt for up to a year..but it looks so cool.....just follow the directions that they give you and its not so bad

• zara01

It hurts more... but if it were that bad so many people wouldn't get it done. I think it's the popping sound that gives me the creeps more then the pain.

i never got it done there and don't plan on getting it done there but i have 2 ther enot on top though my sis has it she thought it didn't hurt if you get it done at places that are specialized in piercing u might not have as much pain

my art teacher got it done, the pircer was bad, and messed up. Now he has a indent, thats a bad thing. But, it would really really hurt

i don't have one but my sister got it and so did her friend... my family has thin ears so it doesn't hurt all that bad for us but her friends was thick and she cried her eyes out so it all depends on A your ear thickness and B your tolerance to pain.